Kate Dallenbach comes from a strong racing heritage, and to say it’s in her blood would be an understatement. Grandfather Wally Dallenbach Sr. was a successful Indy Car driver and one of the most respected Chief Stewards in history. Her dad, Wally Dallenbach Jr., is a two time Trans Am champion, Pikes Peak Hill Climb winner, and 4 time winner of the 24 Hours of Daytona. He has raced in the Sprint Cup Series for such notable teams as Hendrick Motorsportsm, Jack Roush and Bud Moor. Wally Jr, now a Broadcaster for TNT and NBC for NASCAR and the Indy Car Series. He currently races in select road races in a prototype car.
Kate’s mom, Robin McCall Dallenbach, started racing when she was 8 years old in quarter midgets. She raced on many short tracks across the country in asphalt Late Models and dirt cars. She also competed in two Sprint Cup races at the age of 18. She currently is a stunt driver and precision driver in car commercials and competes in Trap Shooting.
Kate is proud to be driving for Lee Faulk Racking, and Bass Pro Shops. She is also a Richard Childress development driver and will compete in dirt Late Model races for RCR.
Kate has two brothers, Jake & Wyatt. Jake is currently earning his degree in mechanical engineering. He is working for the Action Express and Spirit of Daytona Teams, which competes in the Grand Am Series. They won the prestigious 24 Hours of Daytona this year. Brother Wyatt is attending the CT School of Broadcasting in North Caroline. He is learning the trade of video production and camera operation. Jake and Wyatt have races since the age of 9. They have competed in Road Racing, Off Road, Dirt and Late Models on asphalt, in many types of cars. They are both accomplished drivers in their own right.
Kate’s hobbies include fishing and hunting.
Kate is a Development Driver for Richard Childress Racing. She competed in Dirt Late Model races picking up a win at Boyds Speedway.
Racing for Mike Faulk Racing in the NASCAR Whelen Late Model Series.
Taking home a Victory at the legendary tough track, Hickory Motor Speedway. Along with finishing consistently in the top five. This year Kate has been busy testing late models along with a K&N series car for Ben Kennedy Racing. They are working on putting together a program to run the full schedule for 2018
– Rookie of the year and second in points championship, New Smyrna Speedway
– Development driver for Richard Childress
– Spent summer testing pavement and dirt Late Models
– Competed in select Legend dirt modifieds for Ray Evernham; best finish: 4th
– Tested Dirt Late Models for RCR
– Champion and Rookie of the Year int he Allison Legacy Series at Thunderhill Raceway in Texas, driving for Bob McCall Company; 5 wins and 10 Top 5 Finishes
– Competed in select Allison Legacy Series races
– Driver in the Lyn St, James Driver Academy
– Competed in a limited number of Quarter Midget races in Lt. 160 and World Formula, several wins, Track Record World Formula, San Antonio, TX
– Competed in the Bandolero Series at Texas Motor Speedway. 5 Top 5 Finishes
– In Duke University talent search for gifted students
– Competed in a limited number of Quater Midget races in Lt. 160 and World Formula; 4 wins
– Bandolero Series best finish; 2nd
– Champion Quarter Midgets Lt. 160 class San Antonio, TX
– Champion Quarter Midgets Sr. Honda Class San Antonio, TX
– 2nd in Championship Sr. Honda Quarter Midgets, San Antonio and Austin, TX
– 3rd in Championship Lt. 160 Quarter Midgets, San Antonio and Austin, TX
– Champion Jr. Novic Quarter Midgets, San Antonio, TX
– 6th Place in Champoionship in Jr. Honda, San Antonio, TX